REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)
National Innovation Ecosystem Project (GENIE) – P152441
Loan # IBRD-8595-GE
Matching Grants Business Coach with International Experience
Reference No. GE-GITA-47969-CS-INDV/GE-GITA-48179-CS-INDV/GE-GITA-48180-CS-INDV/GE-GITA-48081-CS-INDV/GE-GITA-48182-CS-INDV
The Government of Georgia has secured support from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) (hereinafter ‘the Bank’) for a National Innovation Ecosystem (GENIE) Project in the amount of 40 million US dollars. The main objective of the project is to increase innovative activities of the micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and individuals in Georgia and their participation in the digital economy.
The Project will enhance Georgia’s national innovation ecosystem through an integrated approach across three components, plus project implementation support.
Component 1: Innovation Infrastructure. The component will: (a) develop a network of Innovation Hubs and Innovation Centres in selected cities, towns and villages (b) design a Broadband-for-Development (BfD) program to increase use of broadband internet services and advanced information technology by eligible households and eligible MSMEs, with a focus on rural areas, inter alia, by providing BfD Payments and related training.
Component 2: Innovation Services. This component will deliver services, many in coordination with the CICs and RIHs, tailored to Project beneficiaries at various stages/levels of the innovation ecosystem. The component will carry out outreach and communication activities, and provide training and technical assistance in support of: (a) building the innovation community, and organizing and carrying out innovation competitions; (b) carrying out periodic skills needs assessments of firms and developing digital economy skills of individuals; and (c) developing the innovation capacity of individuals and firms.
Component 3: Innovation Financing. This component supports the: (a) provision of matching grants, selection of eligible MSMEs for receipt of matching grants, and supervision of matching grants; (b) provision of technical assistance to eligible MSMEs to prepare and implement sub-projects (with the matching grants); and (c) provision of technical assistance to stimulate alternative forms of innovation financing and investment in the digital economy.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) under the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia (MoESD) is the GENIE Project implementing agency. GITA is responsible for all project implementation. It will coordinate the gathering and processing of the results of monitoring, reporting, fiduciary functions, and safeguard procedures in close cooperation with relevant institutions participating in the project.
The objective of this assignment is to train and consult the pre-selected applicants to build their pitching skills and prepare them for questions imposed by the Investment Committee Members.
The scope of work of the Matching Grants Business Coach with International Experience shall include:
- Familiarize itself with the Matching Grants Manual and other program related documents;
- In coordination with other Business Coaches, develop the coaching program/methodology including all visual aid materials for the pre-selected applicants invited to pitch their projects and answer the questions imposed by the Independent Investment Committee members; Documents elaborated, shall be accepted by GITA;
- Conduct the training for the pre-selected applicants to familiarize them with pitching techniques and help them build their pitching skills;
- Get acquainted with the pre-selected proposals, as well as take into consideration evaluation, comments and recommendations drawn by the Peer Reviewers and individually consult each assigned applicant, help them prepare for pitch and Q&A sessions, provide support in preparation for presentations;
- When appropriate, refer trainees to other sources of information, advice or further support for a specific area of focus of their business;
- Assess the potential for internationalization of the proposed products/services and provide necessary recommendations;
- Provide necessary support to the assigned applicants requiring urgent assistance. The Business Coaches shall dedicate days and schedule hours when applicant can call and seek for the support;
Business Coach shall sign the Declaration of Impartiality and Confidentiality prior to commencement.
Timeframe and Duration.
Business Coach will have to travel to Tbilisi, Georgia, to train and consult pre-selected applicants. The number of individual consultations and trainings conducted will depend on number of proposals pre-selected for the final evaluation.
For this reason, a consultant will need to travel to Tbilisi, Georgia for at least 5 days for the entire contract duration. GITA will cover travel costs (flight, accommodation, local transportation and per diem).
Duration of this contract is 1 month. The assignment is expected to start in April, 2018
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) now invites eligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The Consultant shall have the following qualifications and experience, which will be evaluated with following criteria sub-divided by weights as follows:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or the related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage or At least 5 years of successful entrepreneurial experience in the international context.
- At least 5 years of international experience in Management, Business Development, Venture Capital, Investments, Commercialization, Development of high-tech or the innovative solutions, Marketing, Startups and/or Entrepreneurship, internationalization of business;
- Experience in business development services and/or coaching/mentoring, will be a strong advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Note: GITA reserves its right to verify submitted references and use obtained information for evaluation purposes.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (IC) method set out in Section V of the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014.
Interested eligible candidates shall apply via web portal or submit CV into English at the address provided below not later than:
17:00, on March 25, 2018.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency
7, Innovation str. 0114, TechPark, Okrokana, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel.: +995 322 004 482 (176)
E-mail: [email protected]
Please include the title of the announced position in the email subject line